Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ADDITIONAL PREVENTING WEAR LUBRICANTS


Another note about fluids, about 4 or 5 years ago there was a hugh sale on complete fuel system cleaners, the black bottle on the left, they were around $3 after coupons and I bought alot, 12-15 of them. In addition I added a 50/50 mix with marvel mystery oil and with every tank full I add 1.5-2.0 ounces of this mixture. The benefits are numerous, complete cleaning and lubrication of the fuel sender, fuel pump, fuel injectors, not to mention the lubrication and preservation of the valve guide seals, these seals are a costly fix that most people ignore and just burn and add oil as needed. The other note centers around the brake fluid change, my one man bleeder was defective so another approach needed to be tried. I noticed that after replacing the front pads there was no difference in the braking system, only the peace of mind knowing I had fresh pads up front. But when I could not change the fluid I resorted to removing the contanment screen on the reservoir and just siphoned out as much fluid as I could and replaced it with new fluid. Since there is a small amount of circulation in the brake line I figured that over time this method will replace the entire brake fluid system. Now the fun part, when I got back in the car and tested the brakes they worked like better than I remember the car new, and certainly firmer than was the case prior to changing the fluid. So this delay in changing the fluid because I didn't need brakes can result in a major ability to slow the car quickly. I'll be swapping fluid every year now.

No comments: